(Boston University tour group - photo by @bostonu)
Looking for a Boston hotel that’s convenient for college tours? The Inn at St. Botolph is the perfect home base. Spring is an ideal time for prospective college students to tour colleges and universities around Boston. The mild temperatures make for comfortable conditions, while you’re strolling school campuses and taking walking tours. The Inn is located in the heart of the city and is convenient to many schools in the area.
To make sure you get the most out of your tours, we recommend coming prepared. It’s best to have a prioritized list of the top schools you’d like to see in Boston. Tours can take over an hour, and you’ll want to give yourself extra time to walk around to get a sense for the campus and the students -- so be reasonable about how many tours you can attend in a day. We recommend aiming for no more than 2-3 tours a day so you have time to get a full picture of each school. Many tours require or allow for pre-registration, so be sure to check admissions websites before traveling to Boston, and reserve space when possible. On the day of your tours, dress in comfortable clothing and walking shoes. It’s also handy to carry a small notebook to jot down notes, or to take them on your phone. It’s also helpful to go with some questions you’d like answered in mind so you can ask admissions staff and tour guides.
We know that the college tours process can feel overwhelming, but we’re here to help! When you stay at the Inn you’ll be nearby to many of the schools in the area and you can grab breakfast in our lounge before heading out for the day. Browse the list below to see which colleges and universities are in the area, and how close they are to the Inn. Many are just a short walk, taxi, or subway ride away!
We’re nearby to:
- New England Conservatory – 0.4 miles away
- Boston Architectural College – 0.4 miles away
- Berklee School of Music – 0.5 miles away
- Boston Conservatory – 0.6 miles away
- Northeastern University – 0.6 miles away
- Bay State College – 0.6 miles away
- Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology – 0.7 miles away
- New England School of Law – 0.9 miles away
- Fisher College – 1.0 miles away
- Wentworth Institute of Technology – 1.1 miles away
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts – 1.1 miles away
- Emerson College – 1.1 miles away
- Massachusetts College of Art & Design (MassArt) – 1.2 miles away
- Simmons College – 1.3 miles away
- Boston University – 1.5 miles away
- Suffolk University – 1.6 miles away
- Boston College – 5.1 miles away
At the end of the day, you’ll enjoy relaxing in your room. Take advantage of the full in-room kitchen, by cooking a meal in, or enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants in the South End. If you need assistance planning for your trip to Boston, our staff would be happy to help! You can give us a call at 617.236.8099.