If you’re a guest joining us here at the Inn at St Botolph in December, we highly recommend taking a stroll through Boston’s South End and checking out some of the best shops in the neighborhood. We’ve put together this shopping guide with a few of our favorite spots. A giftee would be lucky to receive a gift from any one of these beautifully curated shops!
1. Follain 53 Dartmouth Street, Boston, 02118 There are two Follain locations in Boston and this one is the original! The small shop carries over 40 brands of “healthy beauty products.” All products in the shop go are free of toxic chemicals and other contaminants. Their spa grade cleansers, lotions, and make-up are unlike anything we’ve ever tried before. They also offer refillable liquid hand and body soaps in their beautiful signature containers. http://shopfollain.com
2. Sault New England 577 Tremont Street, Boston, 02118 Searching for a guy gift? Sault New England is the place to go. Owner Philip Saul offers everything from grooming products, to accessories, to key wardrobs pieces. Sault’s products are functional, made to last, and incredibly stylish to boot. We recommend an Oxford from the New England Shirt Company. They're also have a special "Holiday Shop" open for the season, next door to their permanent location, that's stocked with gifts as well as items for the ladies! http://saultne.com
3. Olives and Grace 623 Tremont Street, Boston, 02118 You’ll want to scoop up one of everything at Olives and Grace. We recommend stopping by to find the perfect stocking stuffer! Right now in the shop we’re loving Ariel’s Honey Infusions (made small batch in Vermont), the Apotheke Candles and hand painted wooden ornaments. And you can never go wrong with McCrea’s salted caramels! http://www.olivesandgrace.com/shop/
4. Farm and Fable 251 Shawmut Ave, Boston, 02118 Have a chef in the family? Pick up a cookbook at Farm & Fable. A number of books in the store are authored by local writers and chefs, like The New England Kitchen, American Burger Revival and Food, Gift, Love. They also stock some one of a kind vintage kitchen items and cookbooks. Directly across the street is South End restaurant favorite, Toro, so you may want to hit pause on your shopping trip for a bite. http://farmandfable.com
5. M. Flynn 40 Waltham Street, Boston, 02118 If you’re looking to gift jewelry, we recommend a stop into M. Flynn. Sisters Megan and Moria and have a mix of pieces at a wide range of price points from various designers. We especially love the brightly colored "The Ropes" bracelets made from nautical ropes, dock line and hardware. If you're looking for a necklace, ring, bracelet or earrings in the South End, this is place to go!
Happy hunting! If you'd like other shopping recommendations please don't hesitate to head to the guest lounge to chat with our staff members.
Live like a local in a historic Boston brownstone.
The Inn @ St Botolph is Boston’s affordable luxury hotel. Situated in the prominent Back Bay neighborhood it offers understated contemporary interiors graced with traditional styling and comfort. It’s the perfect destination for professionals on extended stay or families desiring the intimacy of a private residence dressed up with refreshingly customized services. The Inn @ St Botolph offers affordable luxury with edited services.
Furnished kitchenettes will full size refrigerators
State-of-the-art fitness center
Video intercom to talk to visitors at the front door